In his right mind up to 120 years: protocols of the Sinai Sages
The Easiest Ways to Support Brain Health
Everyone wants to be slimmer and healthier. People have always been obsessed with losing extra pounds of weight, protecting heart health, and in recent decades, the desire to push back the acquaintance with cancer. But few people pay timely attention to brain health.
Most tend to believe that there are practically no ways to avoid deterioration of the brain with age and loss of major cognitive skills as a result of the development of neurodegenerative or other diseases. It's often easier to blame genes, age, or randomness when it comes to memory loss, brain tumors, stroke, and other brain diseases. Although there is indeed a family predisposition for mental problems, this fact does not detract from the need to take timely measures to improve health and reduce the risk of brain-related diseases, assure neurologists Cedars-Sinai Medical Center / USA/. Scientists have compiled a list of simple and sometimes even elementary ways to maintain mental acuity even as the brain ages, which most people can implement in everyday life without much effort.
1. Regularly solve puzzles and solve crosswords. The brain is activated in response to learning tasks, that is, solving problems that help maintain plasticity and flexibility of thinking. So far, doctors have not come to a final conclusion whether puzzles, puzzles and logical tasks help to delay the onset of dementia. But people who are constantly engaged in "charging" for the brain, whether it's learning foreign languages or reading, are less likely to experience memory impairment in subsequent years.
2. Eat nutrient-rich foods. A lack of certain vitamins has been found to impair memory. Vitamins are key to maintaining concentration and memory skills.
3. Avoid sugar. Our brain cells need a stable supply of glucose or sugar. Sugar from simple carbohydrates causes a surge and a rapid decrease in its levels in the blood, which is why our energy and peak mental attention increases and decreases just as quickly. Instead of harmful sugar, sweets, buns and sugary drinks, choose fruits, whole grains and berries as a dessert. Such sweets are only useful and will keep the neurons of the brain working evenly for a longer time.
4. Eating only one healthy product will not help keep the brain healthy. To protect against brain disorders and improve cellular signaling between neurons (so in the text – VM), it is necessary to comprehensively observe a proper nutrition regime, that is, enrich the diet not only with fruits and vegetables, but also with grains and dairy products, beans, nuts, seeds and fish.
5. Alcohol does not contradict the idea of a healthy diet, but it should be consumed in moderation – one of the basic rules that must be learned to protect the brain. Over time, too large doses of alcoholic beverages reduce brain mass and disrupt signals between chemicals, impairing memory and cognitive functions.
6. Quit smoking. There are two reasons for this: firstly, smoking leads to damage to brain cells, and secondly, it is known to cause lung cancer, and when this disease spreads, it is the brain that becomes one of its favorite targets. (Yes, and a patient with brain metastases will be very concerned about the weakening of memory - VM.)
7. If you feel tired, go to bed. It is very important to try to observe the sleep regime: to go to bed earlier and get up early too. A lack of normal sleep negatively affects the brain's ability to store memories.
8. If you are stressed, take a break: relax or, conversely, do exercises. Sometimes physical activity helps to literally refresh and clear the mind of everything superfluous. Warm-up also improves memory by increasing substances in the brain (laughing at the translations of AMI–TASS has long gone out of fashion - VM) that promote the growth of nerve cells.
9. What is good for the heart is good for your brain: the accumulation of plaque and damage to the arteries can cause not only cardiac dysfunction, but also stroke. Additionally, monitor the level of cholesterol in the blood and monitor blood pressure.
10. Do not ignore the symptoms of stroke: 25% of all stroke cases occur among those under 65 years of age. Even children and young people can suffer from this disease.
11. Use a wireless headset for your mobile phone. Scientists (so in the text – VM) continue to suspect that radio frequency waves from mobile phones increase the long-term risk of brain tumors. The side effects of radio waves can only manifest themselves for decades, that is, the results of current research can be obtained too late for many people who talk on a mobile phone for hours every day, wear it on their chest or next to their heart, or even keep it constantly near the bed. (However, none of the many studies, including the study of the incidence of brain cancer in people who use mobile phones for 20 years without a break for lunch and sleep, has confirmed these suspicions. And the suspects stand on their own – maybe there are sellers of quack devices behind their backs to protect against harmful radiation? But there will definitely be no harm from the headset, and we highly recommend it to drivers – VM.)
Portal "Eternal youth" http://vechnayamolodost.ru02.06.2011